My readers keep sending messages asking me how my morning make-up routine looks like. I’m constantly finding out that you check out my photos posted on social media and you keep wondering how much time I devote to make-up. I can assure you that not that much! Anyway, in a moment you are going to see it for yourself 😉
I start in the evening, the day before…
… and it’s not a joke! I bet you know this perfectly well that make-up looks most appealing and holds best when applied to cleansed, smooth and even skin. This is the very reason why I begin my preparations a day before at bedtime. Every day I take a few routine steps in complexion care:
1. I precisely remove make-up using natural oils (I don’t use make-up removers and any other similar cosmetics because oils are natural and can remove even waterproof make-up; at the same time I nourish skin around eyes and the entire face as well),
2. Then, I apply fine grained face peeling thanks to which I can get rid of all the impurities which might stay on skin despite the make-up removal,
3. I wipe the whole face with a toner containing a cucumber extract which doesn’t only freshen up my skin but also balances pH level of dermis and makes it ready to welcome a face cream,
4. At the end I deliver moisture by applying my favourite night face cream.
On another day in the morning…
… my skin is perfectly moisturised and smoothed, is free from unsightly dry skin areas so I can hit the ground running and apply make-up. However, before I reach for colour cosmetics I give my skin a massage using sweet almond oil which I treat as a highlighting and nourishing make-up base. In this way I deal with all major problems which can happen during doing make-up and the ones we most often complain about:
● no more dry skin parts where a foundation happens to gather,
● no more mask effect,
● no more short-hold make-up.
Please, feel encouraged to try out natural oils in order to take care of your complexion. You can use them in many various ways for make-up application. These can be used as an alternative to hideously expensive make-up bases which work as if they wanted but somehow couldn’t.
I’m going to share with you another beauty trick: I combine one portion of a foundation with 1-2 drops of the same base oil. Effect? The fluid gets absorbed better, make-up doesn’t look that raw, instead its more natural-looking. Besides, it becomes more durable and radiant. It’s a perfect way to deal with a heavy foundation.